Inventory Control Specialist (19924-376)
Company: Building Materials Holding Corporation
Location: New Braunfels
Posted on: June 10, 2021
If you'd like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced
organization, BMC is the company for you! Military and Veterans
encouraged to apply.
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on
At BMC, the Inventory Control Specialist is at the hub of it all
- touching almost every role within field operations to keep things
smooth sailing. That means being a team player with a knack for
optimization. They're in charge of making sure that inventory
processes and procedures are done right - plus delivering on-target
projections. Financial, operations, sales, delivery - this is a job
that supports every corner of BMC's success.
- Oversee the receiving process for all products at the
- Analyze and review all special order vendor back orders as well
as customer back orders that may be the result of poor inventory
- Analyze all Value Add and other Trend force ships and take
appropriate steps to correct in the system.
- Work with appropriate RBC manager to set up and maintain all
Bill of Materials in Trend.
- Ensure that the Value Add process is completed in a timely
- Complete cycle counts as requested by the Sourcing Department
and Location Manager.
- Notify the Sourcing Department of any inventory adjustment due
to damage, short shipment, returns or for any other reason.
- Coordinate with the Sourcing Department inventory adjustments
due to cycle counts needed at the location.
- Run the bi-annual fiscal inventory for the location.
- Notify / Requests of the Sourcing Managers of new product code
- Work with any vendor that has been established to provide the
company with a location "Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)."
- Maintain a working knowledge of all products manufactured in
store and how they are assembled.
- Communicate with the Sourcing Department on all Cycle Count
variances to find root cause of problems and to keep the problem
- Work with Supplier Reps and/or the Sourcing Department to
manage damaged and defective products to obtain most value for the
- Identify and manage surplus and obsolete inventory.
- Proactively works to reduce and manage this inventory.
- Understands the impact of slow-moving inventory on the
- Oversee Order Entry process to insure that orders are entered
to best impact inventory usage such as managing and overseeing the
use of Future Orders for maximum advantage.
- Work with the Sourcing Department to achieve the best optimized
- Project future usage changes and understands their impact on
- Run RARR's and orders from POERR and WTERR to maintain levels
of assigned programs.
- Seeks out suppliers with Sourcing Managers guidance when normal
ARP path supplier is out of stock.
- Enter PO's into the system.
- Review all confirmations with price and quantities in Trend,
updating pricing and ship date.
- Work with Sourcing Manager on getting any replacement cost
updated as needed to keep variance to a minimum.
- Maintain a confirmation file system.
- Communicate with CRS/SM on updating ICSW on items usage to
maintain Trend files.
- This includes updating ICSW files, status, safety stock, lead
time, usage adjustments and standard packs for assigned product
categories or vendors.
- Works with Fulfillment Team to improve locations turns and
- Administers and maintains pool shipments as part of any "Hub &
Spoke" distribution programs within a market.
- Administration and take-away reporting of vendor consigned
inventory programs within a location or market.
- Review of daily NNA and PORBX reports with follow up to avoid
any out of stock situations.
- Responsible to achieve inventory level targets and Open to Buy
controls as set by the Director of Supply Chain Fulfillment. (Based
on products replenished by ICS).
- Other duties that may need to be assigned.
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or GED.
- Interpersonal communication, writing skills, and highly
- Tech-savvy with strong emphasis on Microsoft Office and Trend
- Minimum Experience: 2 years experience in an operational staff
Keywords: Building Materials Holding Corporation, New Braunfels , Inventory Control Specialist (19924-376), Other , New Braunfels, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!