QC Tech - New Braunfels, TX
Company: Lehigh Hanson
Location: New Braunfels
Posted on: June 8, 2021
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We're Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns,
including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that
support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across
hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North
America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed
concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our
people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want
every one of our people to play an active role in growing our
business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North
America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and
work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We're a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do
it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth.
We don't ask you to "fit in" to our culture. We invite you to add
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
Did you like to collect and examine rocks when you were a kid?
Would you like to be instrumental in guaranteeing product quality?
Lehigh Hanson is seeking an experienced Aggregate Quality Control
Technician to ensure our product meets the level of standard that
comes with being an industry leader.
- Validate the proper components and materials are used in
- Sample and test raw materials according to specification
- Calibrate, clean and maintain production tools and testing
- Record and report test results to management
- Build and maintain relationships with plant employees and
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental
regulations, and with company policies and procedures; perform
daily equipment inspections, as well as identify and assist in
correcting unsafe conditions
This position will based at the Servtex quarry in New Braunfels,
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; college or
technical degree a plus!
- 1-2 years Quality Control experience in a stone quarry or
- State DOT certification or other nationally recognized
certification required (or ability to obtain)
- Demonstrated basic math skills
- Dependability and proven work ethic
- Solid computer skills preferred; proficiency in Microsoft
- Ability to learn computerized analysis equipment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including different
shifts and overtime when needed
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing,
pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the
waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist),
kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting,
repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands,
use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both
feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods
of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e.
weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up
to 50 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory
and other personal protective equipment
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR
COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when
considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer
a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to
share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please.
Lehigh Hanson is a Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: Lehigh Hanson, New Braunfels , QC Tech - New Braunfels, TX, Other , New Braunfels, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!